iPad is the most popular tablet computer for watching movies, HD videos, podcasts and TV shows. If you purchased some new DVDs, Blu-ray movies from stores or downloaded lots of great video clips from Internet, maybe you'd like to enjoy them on your iPad anywhere and anytime. So, what media formats does the iPad support? How to convert common DVDs, Blu ray discs and various video files to iPad supported format and transfer to iPad easily?
What is the iPad Video Format supported?
iPad mini, iPad 4, The new iPad 3, iPad 2 and the first-generation iPad can playback videos encoded with either H.264 or MPEG4 codec. But it does not mean that any .mp4 or .m4v file is supported by the iPad. The following requirements are needed.
- H.264 video: up to 1080p, 30 fps, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .mp4, .mov, and .m4v file formats.
- MPEG4 movie: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .mov, .m4v and .mp4 file formats.
How to convert to iPad video format?
With Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite (Download Windows version, Download Mac version), all-in-one iPad media conversion software, you can easily rip DVD and Bluray to iPad movie format, also convert a variety of HD movies, video clips, music videos, TV shows to iPad supported format quickly. What's more, the iPad format converter supports video editing, audio conversion and even making videos for iPod touch, iPhone and Apple TV.
Input video formats supported by iPad converter: All popular file formats including DVD movie, Blu ray, concert DVD, HD video (such as AVCHD, TS, M2TS, TOD, MOD, MTS, HD MP4, HD DivX, WMV HD, AVI HD), VOB, MPEG, MOV, VCD, WMV, AVI, M4V, SWF, MKV, FLV, MPEG, WMV, RMVB, RM, DVR-MS, QT, MPG, 3GP and more. Certainly, the iPad file format converter can also read audio files and convert them to iPad supported audio formats (MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV).
Output video formats supported by iPad converter: All iPad models, iPod, Apple TV, iPhone, H264 HD, MP4 HD, MPEG-4, MOV, M4V.
1. Download the iPad video format converter (for Windows, for Mac), install and run.
2. If you plan to rip blu ray disc or DVD to iPad movie format, just launch DVD to iPad converter. or else, please run the iPad video converter so that you can put video file (AVI, WMV, MOV, AVCHD, MPEG, FLV, MKV and more) on your iPad. Let's take DVD to iPad 2 video format ripping for example.
3. Insert DVD into the drive, click 'Load DVD' button on the main interface.
4. Set 'Audio Track' (language) and 'Subtitle' to what you like.
5. Choose the target format from 'Profile' drop-down list. The iPad movie format converter supports 'iPad HD video' (720p, up to 1280x720), 'iPad MPEG-4 video' (640x480), iPad MOV, iPad M4V, etc. As you know, iPad 2's 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED widescreen supports 1024x768 pixels resolution. If you'd like to get the best video quality, just choose 'iPad H.264 HD 720p' as the output format.
6. Press 'Start' button! When the conversion process is done, please sync the converted files to iPad via iTunes or iPad Transfer/Manager included in the iPad file conversion software.
Share the iPad video format description and DVD to new iPad movie format converter with other iPad guys via blog, post or any comment.